Thursday, February 9, 2017

My Vintage Plate Collection

For some time now I've been collecting blue and white vintage china and have got enough pieces finally to decorate the hutch in my living room. I love the look, as I'm sure you know if you've been following me for some time, and have switched things up a bit creating a more romantic feel to the room by adding lots of florals and soft yellow hues as well. 


I love how the blue stands out against the white and the detail that these pieces have. I have never really actually collected anything before so I'm excited about starting this new collection. I plan on finding some larger plates to hang on the wall around the hutch as well. I've seen so much inspiration on the web and they all look so beautiful. 

via
via
via

Here's a close up of some of my pieces.



I particularly like the gold around this Blue Willow plate that seems to have faded some. 



I bought some vintage tea cups online and unfortunately I received two broken pieces. There was really no way I could have glued the pieces together.. That was quite upsetting. The guy could have done a better job packing.. ugh


How cute are these vintage Sake cups? Love these!

I also found three beautiful Chinese vases.  In this picture you can see my new curtains.  I made two matching slipcovers for the chairs in my living room and will get around to making the other four chairs when I have some time. 



I painted the bookshelf I have in my living room white to brighten up that corner which was looking a little too dark to me lately. That project only took me a day and what a difference it makes.

Before:


After:


Here's another view of my collection so far. I'd like the plate wall decor to be around the cabinet on each side. Not too sure about placement yet though.

I'm not entirely done decorting yet, so it's still a work in progress. 
I will say though that Spring has officially sprung in my living room LOL. I'm done with this cold weather! Adding some fresh flowers to the space really warms things up.. I want to make a habit of always having fresh flowers in the house. Their colors are always so beautiful, don't you think?

I'll post more pictures once the room is complete and maybe I'll have enough plates for the wall decor! 


xoxo

Silvana

7 comments:

  1. oh so beautiful, Silvana! you have some very special pieces! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful collection Silvana! So sorry about broken cups. Love your bookshelf, looks so pretty now!
    Vesna - Home Chic Club

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Silvana, Love your blue and white collection of dishes and the mix of styles with Blue Willow. I have many of the same plates that was inherited from my grandma and mother. I treasures them completely and love to decorate with them too. Your collection looks gorgeous in your white hutch. Love your bookcase makeover too. Really makes a difference to lighten up a piece like.
    Your home is gorgeous and have fun planning the placement around the hutch. It will be so pretty.
    Have a great weekend ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very fond of blue and white and I'm so delighted to see your lovely collection in the hutch. It looks so fresh there, as do the plate arrangements on the wall. But very sad on the arrival of the cups. I hope you can do something for a bit of a refund.

    I'm now following you on bloglovin -- and thank you for the very kind words on Marmelade Gypsy today! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Silvana ... your decorating skills are superb. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with us.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello dearest Silvana, once more I admire your decorating skills! Your living room looks lovely and your blue and white china is really beautiful.
    I too am sorry to hear about the broken cups. Isn't it on the responsibility of the seller to pack the things well? Those problems are one of the reasons why I don't buy online.
    The inspiration photos are really pretty as well. I like most the irregular arrangement with colourful plates.
    I wish you sunny days and lots of flowers! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking of you as I went to an estate sale over the weekend and saw a lovely collection of blue plates. :)

    Also, thank you so very much for your warm and heartfelt comments.

    I wanted to let you know that I am nearing the end of my college experience and am currently doing a 7-week internship at a museum as a requirement for graduation. It is an interesting experience to be sure.

    I must admit that I am struggling to try and manage my time and make sure my family's needs are met. Sadly, this leaves little time left for visiting my favorite people in the world and their fabulous blogs. I hope you'll have patience with me. Thankfully, this time won't last forever and I will soon, once again, be able to see all the wonderful things you are doing.

    May glorious weather and lovely flowers put a spring in your step,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete